The Patio team hosted a breakfast event at the beautiful restored ‘Permanent’ building, shortly after rebranding as Patio. In addition to a detailed presentation by our Tapped Mobile partner Jed Schneiderman, and an agency and brand panel discussing mobile vs. digital marketing efforts, Patio was pleased to present the West Coast launch of Shazam’s new Visual Recognition program.
Patio has partnered with Tapped Mobile to offer mobile advertising services to our clients in Western Canada. Jed Schneiderman, President, provided an overview of Tapped Mobile’s completely unique approach to mobile marketing and displayed several examples of vibrant, successful campaigns using Shazam’s Visual Recognition ability with brands such as Coca-Cola and McDonalds.
Our brand and agency panels were comprised of several esteemed communications and marketing experts in the industry. We’d like to acknowledge & thank them again for sharing their knowledge & insights!
The brand panel consisted of:
Jacqueline Simpson, Director, North America Consumer Marketing Programs – Destination BC
Marc Bitanga, Senior Manager, Demand Generation – Hootsuite.
They discussed brand perspective on digital vs. mobile advertising and how they plan to approach future marketing plans based on an ever-changing advertising and marketing landscape.
Agency perspective on how – and why – to evaluate a mobile spend against all digital options was provided by:
Josee Thibault, Director, Digital Solutions – Media Experts
Bryan Mitten, Digital Media Strategist – Cossette Media
Kevin Curtis, Senior Manager of Digital Sales, Western Canada – Rogers Communications
Diana Walter, Associate Director Digital Strategy – OMD
Some great takeaways from both panel discussions included:
• Review your traffic sources for your site monthly and see the split between mobile, tablet and desktop
• Review your organic search traffic by device to see how your consumers are using them
• Look at your website on all devices and ensure each traffic source has a great site experience (and if they don’t, weigh your ad budgets accordingly or make updates to the site a priority)
• Review past campaigns or campaigns currently in market and adjust based on new learnings and insights
• Consider reaching your target audience based on their physical location history and ensure you are reaching them during in-store searches where purchase decisions can change.
• With digital, nothing is stopping you. Use testing and research to change/improve campaigns daily.
With this successful breakfast information sessions and panel – and with future events – we at Patio hope to provide a relaxed forum where Vancouver marketers can learn & share best practices for success in today’s rapidly evolving digital marketing environment.
If you missed the event and are interested in the information presented, you can search #PatioMobile on Twitter for a live account of the panel. And, if you have any questions about the media opportunities that were presented, please don’t hesitate to reach out to any of us here at Patio.